We are open for Hall Rentals. The Members Lounge will reopen July 15, 2021
The Turkey's are hiding and don't want to be invited to dinner.
Some of the members have volunteered to clean up and refresh the walls and bar, to be more inviting to you, the Members. Come on down and see the fresh new look and watch a game and have an adult refreshment. We miss you all because the lodge is feeling empty.
Temporary New Lounge hours:
Thursday: 6pm - 12pm
Friday: 6pm - 12pm
Saturday: 12pm to 8pm
Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
The hours and number of days may increase as participation grows.
Bartenders have the right to keep the lounge open later if they wish and can close early for lack of members.
The lounge will also soon be open on Wednesdays : 4pm - 8pm.
Hope to see you all soon.
It's that time of year again!
It's time to pay your Dues.
Per Grand Lodge: Due to large increases in Liability Insurance rates, dues have been increased to cover those costs by $5.00 per member.
Dues are required to be paid prior to
April 1, 2022!
Anyone who's dues are not paid by that date, will have their Key Card shut off and eventually be dropped as a member of the Elks!
No Dues - No Entry!
Life Members/Honorary Life Members:
Make a Donation: Elks National Fund (ENF)
Reinstatement Fee: $50.
If you were dropped as a member and if you want to become an Elk in Good Standing again, you will need to pay the $50. and pay the remainder of that years dues on a Pro Rated scale.
1. Veterans Outing and Cookout: During the summer we hold a cookout to give something back to our Forgotten Hero's and to help them feel appreciated.
2. Someone Cares Package Party: For the past few years we have worked with Deb Carberry to purchase Misc. goods and products and to host the "Someone Cares Package Party" that gives backpacks filed with snacks, water, hats, gloves, and personal hygiene products to the needy and homeless. Please check out: Someone Cares Package Party - Home | Facebook and read about how and whom it helps, and check out the pictures in the Photo Gallery to see the Volunteers of all ages, in action, helping to assemble these lifesaving care packages. So, if you can come down and help at the next party, it will make your heart swell with pride and joy.
3. The Elementary School Sneaker Grant: This is where we purchase 60 to 70 pairs of sneakers from the New Balance Company at an amazing discount to help us give away, to these less fortunate elementary students, a nice new pair of Sneakers for school. No one should feel ashamed of their clothing as a kid, no one.
4. The Psychological Center: Cares for, assists and houses the homeless, those fighting addiction, and battered women, to name a few. It is a place to get things straight and focus on improving on their lives in the future.
5. Groundwork Lawrence: Is a place for inner city kids to get involved in cleaning and restoring the city's open spaces and learn to save the environment through reclaiming trashed lots and dirty river beds. It also teaches the benefits of teamwork and responsibility of keeping the earth clean for the future. They also get assistance with homework and access to computers and the internet.
6. VNOC: Veterans Northeast Outreach Center cares and supports homeless and less fortunate Veterans with food, clothing, and shelter.
7. Seniors Valentine Dance and Senior Ho- Down: Are parties to give some seniors a special event to look forward to and get away from their regular daily lives and have some fun with others from their generation. Included is Food, Dancing and the celebration of life.
8. ENF Steak and Lobster Cookout: A great meal designed to give members and guests an amazing surf and turf dinner , some music, raffles and a great afternoon out. The proceeds are donated to the ENF (Elks National Fund) which in turn gets us the money for grants to support all our other events.
9. Veterans Day Dinner and Raffles: Today we give a little something back to our beloved Veterans, a nice dinner and the chance to win some fun and interesting prizes. Veterans eat "Free".
A lot of hard work and planning goes in to pulling off these events and I want to thank Rick Restivo for all his hard work to write these Grants, to promote our Lodge's Benevolence and coordinating these many amazing events by getting volunteers like me to climb aboard the Giving Train. Wouldn't you like to come with us for a life changing ride? We always need more help.
Over $5,000. in appliances and food goods were purchased through a grant from the Grand Lodge via Rick Restivo. The goods were purchased and delivered by Officers of the Lawrence Elk's Lodge to help support our community. The Psychological Center administrators, and its clients, were overwhelmingly grateful.
The VNOC is doing amazing things for our "Forgotten Hero's", the men and women that have given up a part of their lives for the safety and security of our nation and your families.
Rick Restivo has taken on the task of applying for grants from Grand Lodge and his diligence has paid off with the awarding of $2,000. to help assist the VNOC in their hard work to support our Vet's with living quarters, food and clothing. We should all feel proud to be part of the Lawrence Elk's for all the assistance our volunteers are affording our local Vet's. To donate yourself, click on the VNOC Website link below
"Elks Care and Elks Share"
VNOC Facebook Link:
The Lawrence Elk's donated over $3,000. worth of food goods purchased for the Lazarus House for distribution to the community at large. Rick Restivo applied to Grand Lodge for this grant and it was award to us for that mission.
A big "Thank You" goes out to all the amazing volunteers that showed up to help that day.
Groundwork Lawrence (GWL) has been making change happen since its beginnings in 1999.
The Lawrence Elks has received two checks totaling $950. that we donated to Groundwork Lawrence to support their community work to reclaim unkept city space by employing city youth volunteers.
Walls have been stripped, washed and repainted for a new fresh look and atmosphere. Carpets have been steam cleaned and bar and furniture cleaned and sanitized. Warren and Rachelle washed down everything and rearranged everything behind the bar. All liquor has been locked up and all Beer will be returned and replaced in the coolers by the suppliers.
The upstairs has had a new chair rail installed and new paint for a fresh look and an a richer feel. Downstairs corridors have also been repainted for a much cleaner appearance.
Bars have been scoured, painted and new raised panel backdrops and lighting installed for a high end appearance.
Old counters and sinks have been removed and new Quartz counters and sinks installed. Bathroom walls repainted and rooms cleaned and sanitized.
The Locker Rooms have been scoured and completely repainted improving the look and feel.
The bathrooms have been scoured and completely repainted for a more professional appearance.
Franklin and his assistant have stripped the floor and waxed it to a clean and shiny finish.
Franklin and his assistant have removed all unnecessary equipment and trash and filled the dumpster multiple times. They have also sorted through 25 years of "Stuff" and re-organized everything in the shelving allowing access to everything and a good cleaning of the entire area.
This crew of hard working members has cleared weeds and brush, mulched the flower beds, trimmed and cut unnecessary trees along the fence by GEM, and cleaned all trash from the property.
Tracy Turner - Exalted Ruler
Larry Vitale - Chaplin
Rick Restivo - Leading Knight
Mike Greenler - Trustee
Rich Kenney - Trustee
Ray MacLean - Trustee
Alan Renny - Trustee
Peter Ouellette - Tiler
Katie Darwin - Secretary
Evelyn Walsh - Member
Mildred Greenler - Member
Jocko Connors - Member
Rob Benoit - Member
Marty Cardoza - Member
Shirley Kenney - Member
Theresa Faucher - Member
Below is the list of the Applicants, Reinstatement (R) Demits (D) who will be voted on for Membership at the Lodge Meeting.
Below is the list of the applicants, reinstatement (R) Demits (D) who will be initiated as Members at a future Lodge Meeting.
Welcome Our Newest Members
Coming on November 21st
Come purchase some tickets and win some
amazing and fun prizes.
There will also be some music between games so you can get up on the dance floor and
"Shake Your Booty"
Don't be left out.
See all you Scallywags there!
Three Card Cover for Scholarships:
Three Card Cover for Scholarships is
back from Summer vacation, now on Saturdays after Saturday Lunch!
Join us every Saturday afternoon
in the members lounge.
1:00 pm start time.
The proceeds from these games fund our Scholarship Program to aid our students in paying outrageous college fees. We take all the proceeds collected and divide them between the students that fill out our
applications for assistance,
Every little bit helps to ease the accumulation of student loan debt.
Come down and play to help us raise the funds to give some relief to our over burdened students.
It's Back as Big as Ever!!
Held in the Members Lounge
The next Meat Raffle is:
Saturday - Oct 23, 2021
The fun Starts at 1:00pm
12 Prizes will be raffled off.
There will also be a 50/50 game.
For the first part of the year the proceeds of the Meat Raffle go towards the
ENF Fund (Elks National Fund).
Some of the Grants go toward the "Someone Cares Package Party" which gives less fortunate and homeless people a back pack loaded with snacks, personal hygiene products, hats and gloves etc.
Another Grant helps our keep our Veterans warm with hats and gloves and allows us to serve them dinners a few times a year. All of these Grants are the possible through the hard work of Rick Restivo and his crew if helpers.
Come win some me
Sports Night Dinners!
Starting again in October
Check the monthly flyer for details!
Will be back
Check the monthly flyer for details!
You just can't buy
a meal like this anywhere,
for so little!
Come on down
enjoy a lunch with us,
at the Lawrence Elks!
New Scratch Tickets Format!!!
One Hundred Tickets at $10. each will be sold for the 100 - $5. Scratch Ticket Drawing!
Get your ticket from the Bartender,
Biff Moriarty or Frank Allen.
Join us for the DRAWING when all 100 tickets are sold.
Also, "DONATIONS" of any denomination
will be greatly appreciated.
Please, send in or drop off your donations in cash or check payable to: "Elks #65" with a notation:
Lawrence Elks #65
652 Andover Street
Lawrence, MA. 01843
Attn. Katie Darwin!